So how do you feel about Apple’s new privacy policies vs digital advertising? Needless to say, Facebook is NOT happy about it and suggests it’ll be detrimental to small business digital marketing. The future only knows what consequences these policies will have for digital marketers, but as an agency focused solely on small businesses, this is alarming to say the least.
Small businesses rely on the ability to use their customer data to serve ads to the right people and the right frequency. They’re able to plan out their marketing budgets, target who they need to, and ultimately compete with the big boys who have seemingly limitless ad budgets.
According to Facebook, these changes will limit your ability to:
- Effectively deliver ads to people based on their engagement with your business
- Measure and report on conversions from certain customers
- Ensure your ads are delivered to the most relevant audiences at the right frequency
- Accurately attribute app installs to people using iOS 14 and later
- Predict and optimize cost per action over time and efficiently allocate budgets
These limitations would all have a significant impact on the digital marketing world as we know it. We can definitely say we’re curious to see what the future holds. What are your thoughts?
Read what Facebook has to say here!